Charles M. Smith
Franklin, TN 37064
Executive-level Technological Engineer offering productive, behind-the-scenes, leadership that motivates and enables capable individuals to succeed in establishing company growth and profitability. More than 30 years of successful business experience demonstrating:
Foresight, Ingenuity, Strategic Planning, Leadership, Problem Solving, Technical Expertise
Listener â€¢ Thinker â€¢ Doer â€¢ Enabler
Founder and Engineer from company infancy to a highly successful business in communications technology.
Set goals and strategies to achieve and implemented plan to succeed.
Formed effective management teams to oversee success of business operations.
Guided companyâ€™s direction, motivated individuals to help it grow, empowered effective decision making.
- Achieved continuous growth that expanded company to 100 employees and generated $20+million in sales.
- Instrumental in building a reputable company featured three consecutive years in Inc. Magazineâ€™s 500 fastest growing companies.
- Positioned company that attracted lucrative buyerâ€”company sold 2007.
Manager and Producer of innovative high-tech systems to meet communications improvements of business and government.
Interacted with sales and provided customer support through training and integration of complex communications products with customerâ€™s existing equipment.
Spearheaded development of all new software and hardware products.
- Developed the Emergency Response system, supplied to all branches of government and has been instrumental in high-security recovery from 9/11.
- Built and installed emergency response systems for nuclear power plants.
- Designed and produced interactive voice response systems for Cable TV, the New York Port Authority, Wall Street and numerous financial institutions.
Chairman of County School Board faced with the challenge to administer the State-mandated change from elected superintendent to board appointed director.
Guided group of elected board members to build a cooperative attitude for the benefit of the school system.
Publicly represented consensus of the board regarding fundamental changes.
- Achieved cohesive decisions and the appointment of a new director by listening, making changes and holding people accountable to their commitments.
Dialogic Communications Corporation, Franklin, TN.
1982 to 2007.
Executive Vice President and Chief Technical Officer.
- Launched communications software company from an idea to a fully functioning corporation.
- Developed vital-to-growth departments of individuals skilled in management, sales and technology.
- Worked closely with Board of Directors.
- Managed daily operations including sales forecasts, budgets and cash flow.
- Provided superior customer service to key clients that included the United States Government, Wall Street, nuclear power plants, and businesses throughout the country by assuring quality product performance and technical support.
Technology and Production Management
- Developed all products and services and provided support in all phases of corporation.
- Provided consistent leadership and technical know-how.
- Built first Emergency Response program that was instrumental in recovery from 9/11, purchased by all branches of government.
- Designed and developed interactive voice response system used by Cable TV, Nuclear Power Plants, Wall Street Banks and the United States Government.
- Company was featured on national television for innovative products coming from the small town of Franklin, Tennessee.
Field Service Engineer, two years, traveled worldwide for Westinghouse Electric Corporation.
B.S. Electrical Engineeringâ€”Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville.
Various management courses Owens School at Vanderbilt, American Management Association.
Elected to the Williamson County School Board and served as Chairman.
Developed computerized Christmas Lighting techniques that led to a passionate community of Christmas enthusiasts and organizing/producing tradeshows to demonstrate positive effects of Christmas decorating.Â See a little of the community at www.PlanetChristmas.com.